THE ARTFUL WAY OF NOT GIVING A FUCK.

The book;"the subtle art of not giving a fuck" by Mark Manson actually inspired this article where I learned that not giving a fuck is the key to happiness and a carefree life. After reading this book, I realized that all my life I have cared about what people thought about me and not what I think and feel about myself. Not giving a fuck equals to a happier and peaceful life.

According to Manson, not giving a fuck leads to happiness and success, it's about what we choose to care about. Using my life as an example, I care too much about what people say or think about me, I care about the insults people throw at me but after checking my life I realized that not caring or giving a fuck made all the difference.

Manson also explained that most people chase perfection instead of happiness. We all want to be perfect but there is nothing like being perfect.We all have flaws, scars, pasts and we all make mistakes. Being perfect is boring and vague but happiness is free but requires sacrifice.We always care about stupid things like:
• being perfect
• celebrities
• hiding our flaws
• impressing other people
• being right all the time
• the new gadgets
• football teams
• how many likes we have on social media platforms.

We waste so much time on things like this that we forget to live our lives and deal with our problems. Sometimes,we live our lives based on what our parents, friends and family think and struggle throughout our lives. Mostly because we give fucks in situations where fucks do not deserve to be given.

The first thing to do according to Manson is to set our priorities right on what we care about and not what we feel we should care about.
According to manson, not giving a fuck doesn't mean being indifferent about every thing.Indifferent people are actually people that are scared of the world and give too many fucks and even afraid of making decisions. Reserve your fucks for things that matter like family, friends, career, purpose and for me "food" and see how people will give a fuck about you in return.
Be honest about your own behaviour to yourself, what are you doing with your time, what choices are you making and what are you neglecting and the things to change about yourself.

Honestly,the choice is definitely yours if you want to or not.Things that are valuable to you change everyday and every minute and that's where the change begins.Try to imagine how different your life would be if you stop giving a fuck about some things in your life and live your life without caring about things that are rather unimportant.


Remember, giving importance to unimportant things is giving a fuck and it breeds unhappiness and complication in life.

Learn to let go of unimportant things by learning the art of not giving a fuck.

And remember this when the going gets tough just YOLO it


Lifestyle at African weirdo blog
THE ARTFUL WAY OF NOT GIVING A FUCK. THE ARTFUL WAY OF NOT GIVING A FUCK. Reviewed by Hakeem on August 04, 2018 Rating: 5

11 comments:

  1. I also care about what others think about me (even tho I really try not to care) and if someone is mean to me. But I’m trying not to give a fuck erryday. Should read the book probably!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try my best not to be so worried about what other people think. It is definitely hard and something you have to choose to do everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this and loved the book. I've come a very long way with the things I give my time, energy, and thoughts to. Love this friendly reminder of how important this is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book a few months ago. I agree with the message. Now, I just have to start practicing in real life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be truly happy, we have to realize that other's opinions do not matter much if not constructive. Even then, we should rely on our own moral compass and not what others or the society at large considers to be right. Mass agreement doesn't guarantee that it is the right option. Haven't read this book yet, but am intrigued
    - Nandita

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can't control how other sees us but we can control our own thinking. Never be afraid of being ourselves and stay the way we are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am yet to read this book. But I get the message from the title and thanks for the good summary : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of just living a life not worrying about how others see you. Maybe one day we will all feel this way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so timely! I just finished reading Colleen Hoover's All Your Perfects and it was repeatedly emphasized that when you shine light to all the flaws of yourself or someone else, you will fail to see the all the good things yourself or that person has.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting! I've heard about this book few times, but never got a chance to dropby and bought it. But I think I might one of these days. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to read this book! I try not to give a fuck about multiple things in my life. Especially the things that I know won’t matter in the end!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.